My Frail, Frail Body

I had a conversation with my mom the other day a little while after I broke my elbow snowboarding.  She criticized me for doing reckless things like that and that I shouldn't do things like that.  I told her that you need to take risks sometimes to get a great reward.  In this case it's the adrenaline rush from bombing down a mountain.  Or in my case, uh, bunny slope.

Then this weekend I walked down a flight of four stairs in broad daylight.  I'm not sure what happened but I totally bit it.  For some reason the first thing I thought was "Is my camera OK?"  Kind of stupid once I finally saw the total damage on my leg later that day.

So back to my original point.  I don't know if I'm getting old and my coordination is getting worse or what but I fear that I need to invest in elbow, shin, and knee pads.  What the hell, why not ankle pads at this point.  Are these the "extreme" activities in my life now that I need to watch out for?  Walking down stairs?  Wow.

Comments

Paul Hammond said…
Try full body armor, including mask, worn by NHL goalies and a pair of Redwing steel tipped boots.

I don't think age is the problem. You may just be a klutz. Try laying off the booze. See if that helps.
Ram It said…
You could end up like Nell - http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090327.wrichardson0327/BNStory/National/home
Sopheap said…
are you sure you were just casually walkin down some steps and not "extreme" walking down those steps?
Lisa said…
i demand more entries.

Popular posts from this blog

Bacon + Chocolate

Chain Restaurants