Chain Restaurants

I don't know how I feel about them. I used to despise them with a passion. I think I might be starting to soften my stance on them though.

One of the things I like to do in Richmond is to try different restaurants particularly ones that are unique. I figure that there's a T.G.I. Friday's every half-mile on my side of town so I could go there anytime.

After going to my fair share of restaurants around town I can see why people would go to a chain. I am not going to name names but I have been to a few restaurants in Richmond that have been hyped up only to deal with atrocious customer service once I get there. I mean we're talking Waffle House bad. No, worse than that.

I guess the plus of the chain is that the food and service is fairly consistent from one restaurant to the next and that the food is of a certain quality. I didn't say good necessarily. I find that the food usually tastes good at a chain restaurant but that is mainly due to the excess fat and salt within the food.

So there you have it. It seems your choices are average quality and average customer service or crappy customer service but potentially good food. It's almost a lose-lose situation. Which do you prefer?

Comments

jed & theresa said…
Richard, way harsh! You can get MUCH better service AND food at a non-chain restaurant than at a chain restaurant. I've had worse service at chains than at non-chains--I mostly eat at non-chains because I prefer fresh ingredients, not something that was prepared in some factory and shipped to the chain, where some cook re-heated it.
Sopheap said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

My Frail, Frail Body

Bacon + Chocolate